There are numerous benefits of worksite wellness programs. In fact there are more than 200 scientific studies indicating the positive return-on-investment for worksite wellness programs.
Worksites are crucial to improving the health of their workers. Most adults spend more of their waking hours at work than anywhere else, making it a prime venue for promoting healthful habits.
The worksite organizational culture and environment are powerful influences on behavior and this needs to be put to use as a means of assisting employees to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Benefits of worksite wellness programs for employees include:
- Weight reduction
- Improved physical fitness
- Increased stamina
- Lower levels of stress
- Increased well-being, self-image and self-esteem
Employers can also benefit from worksite wellness programs. According to recent research, employers’ benefits are:
- Enhanced recruitment and retention of healthy employees
- Reduced healthcare costs
- Decreased rates of illness and injuries
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Improved employee relations and morale
- Increased productivity
A U.S. Department of Health and Human Services report in 2002 revealed that at worksites with physical activity programs, employers have:
- Reduced healthcare costs by 20 to 55 percent
- Reduced short-term sick leave by six to 32 percent
- Increased productivity by two to 52 percent
Focus offers a range of services to your company or business such as:
- setting up and running individual consultations for your staff around goal setting & coaching.
- hosting regular workouts or training sessions specifically made for your team, perhaps organising an event to train for or fun session.
- team building sessions
- onsite workplace massage with everything provided by Focus.
- seminars on nutrition specific for the workplace or a tailored structure.
Contact me to arrange a meeting and discuss your needs: Michael@focus.kiwi.nz.
I have been working with two Christchurch companies lately:
With Mitton ElectroNet and their team I have been providing individual consultations around goal setting.
With each staff member we work out any goals the team member would like to work on, that be stress management, exercise, nutrition or a combination of these things. We write down SMART goals and I provide support as needed and any direction that may be required. After four weeks, I return and we evaluate their progress and set new goals with each team member.
Over time this is a great way to improve each individual person through healthier bodies and mind. You may also see less workplace sickness, better productivity and a more cohesive team.
Each month I head to Leapfrog to cook lunch
I put together a healthy lunch menu that can cater for a few allergies, vegan and vegetarians.
With the help of 4-5 of their staff members we prepare & cook the lunch for the rest of the team. Now about 70 people.
This runs monthly and a great way to build team relationships, improve nutrition through hands on education and try out different foods and cooking methods.
If this sounds like something for your company or business
Please contact me at Michael@focus.kiwi.nz.